Camp Ronald McDonald at Eagle Lake|July 16, 2018 to July 21, 2018 |7-70+ years| 850.00
Our 2018 Summer Residential Camp Season features only one summer camp: July 16 - 21. Due to this, early registration will be limited to campers who have attended camp during the past two summer seasons (2016 & 2017). Then we will open registration up to all others. When camp fills up, we will wait-list campers and notify you in the order of the list if a space opens up. Please all our office at 775-827-3866 if you would like to be placed on the wait-list.
Cost of Registration: $850
Located in the beautiful Lassen National Forest just outside of Susanville, California, is Camp Ronald McDonald at Eagle Lake. Amplify Life has been partnering with this wonderful site for years to deliver campers a week of traditional camp activities that includes arts & crafts, hiking, fishing, canoeing, sports, swimming, talent shows and campfires. It it's one-of-kind experience as unique and special as our special needs campers.
Registration is $850 per session. Please be advised that we implemented a rate increase this summer. We have not experienced a rate increase in many years, although we have incurred rate increases from our contractors. While registration is $850 per session, Amplify Life subsidizes every camper by absorbing a portion of the cost for every camper registration. This subsidy is reflected in the registration fee.
A very limited number of scholarships are available to families who qualify. In order to be considered for a scholarship, you must complete a scholarship application according to the scholarships policies and guidelines, attach a copy of your previous year's tax forms and proof of income, along with a minimum deposit of $100. Incomplete applications will not be considered - no exceptions.
All forms are required to be updated annually. The only exception being the image release. This is your responsibility. Campers without ALL forms current will not be approved for camp.
Who is Eligible to Attend Camp?
- Camper must be able to perform the following without assistance:
- Get in and out of chair, wheelchair, bed, bus, shower
- Get on and off toilet (Amplify Life does not have equipment or staff trained in lifting individuals. This eligibility requirement protects your Camper).
- We maintain a strict 1:4 counselor to camper ratio. To qualify for camp all campers must meet the following requirements:
- Seizure free or seizures controlled by medical for at least six month
- Easily redirected
- Free of hostile behaviors (we have a zero tolerance for aggressive/violent behavior) and inappropriate language
- Independent in all matters concerning personal hygiene – toileting, showering, changing sanitary napkins
- Have a real desire to be at camp
- Able to be away from home for an extended period of time
- Able to be in close proximity to others
- Must not be prone to elopement, wandering, or hiding
- Refrain from inappropriate sexual behavior (no masturbating) and/or inappropriate discussions