Amplify Your Legacy Gifts
Amplify Your Legacy was created to recognize legacy gifts from Amplify Life supporters who want to contribute to the sustainability of our mission. We invite you to become a member of the Society by making a Planned Gift to Amplify Life.
Becoming a member is easy.
The following is a guide to making your Planned Gift to Amplify Life:
A bequest is simply the transfer of wealth from a will or trust, to an organization that you wish to continue their legacy after you have passed.
To make a bequest:
- Consult with your attorney or financial advisor about establishing provisions to your will or trust.
- Include Amplify Life in your will or testamentary trust, or add to an existing will or trust.
- Indicate whether your gift is for an existing dollar amount, a percentage of the estate, or a remainder of the estate after all the other beneficiaries have been taken care of.
Stocks, Mutual Funds, and Other Securities
Gifts of appraised stocks and securities allow you to avoid capital-gains taxes on the profit. You can earmark gifts of securities in your will or make an immediate contribution.
To give marketable securities to Amplify Life, and instruct your financial institution or broker to transfer securities to us, please contact us at 775-827-3866 for details.
You can make a substantial gift by naming Amplify Life a beneficiary or owner of your life insurance policy. Often, donating life insurance enables you to make a larger gift to the institute than you otherwise could.
If you have an existing life insurance policy that is no longer needed to protect your children, your spouse, or your business interest, you can name Amplify Life as the policy’s beneficiary. You may also purchase a new life insurance policy to benefit Amplify Life.
This type of gift is easy to make and can be done at no cost. Simply obtain a designated beneficiary form from your insurance company and name Amplify Life as one of your beneficiaries.
- Discuss your estate plans with your financial advisor.
- Transfer your insurance policy to the Amplify Life.
Retirement Plan Contributions
You can maximize the impact of your retirement funds – IRA, 401(k), 403(b), etc. when you name the Amplify Life as your beneficiary. Retirement funds are often subject to a high level of income and estate taxes, but when your nonprofit donation to Amplify Life is 100% tax deductible; it leaves your assets intact. With this enormous tax differential, it sometimes makes better financial sense to leave other assets to your heirs.
This type of gift is simple to make and can be done at no cost. Simply obtain a designated beneficiary form from your retirement plan administrator and name Amplify Life as one of your beneficiaries.
There are many advantages to a gift of real estate to Amplify Life:
- You receive an income tax deduction equal to the appraised fair market value of the property, with no capital gains tax due on the transfer to Amplify Life.
- You remove a large taxable asset from your estate.
- You can take advantage of a variety of gift formats available for a donation of real estate, each offering unique planning benefits.
If you are considering an outright gift of real estate please contact us.
Before making any decision about making a bequest in any form, always contact your financial advisor.